Work Contract : Full time
Project Title: “Support to productive, managerial and commercial reorganization of Palestinian and Egyptian date producers’ cooperatives”
Start date: Immediately
The John Paul II Foundation aims to represent a vehicle for dialogue among peoples and cultures, promoting international cooperation project. The Foundation started working in Palestine in 2009.
The project intends to answer the needs of date producers in Jericho and to promote poverty reduction and sustainable development of local people, through the set-up of a multi-sector integrated strategy:
a) Promoting high quality, eco-sustainable and guaranteed production
b) Improving management practices and control management
c) Enhancing market analysis skills and facilitate direct access to new commercial channels
The beneficiaries of the project are small/medium agricultural producers of dates in Jericho.
The successful candidate shall:
• Support implementation of the project activities in coordination with the Local Coordinator and the Project Manager.
• Elaborate a mapping analysis of the producers participating in the project: location, types of farm, managerial and commercial structure of the enterprise.
• Supervise and monitor the achievement of the project goals, objectives and results in the agricultural-related component
• Provide technical support, such as training , field trial assistance and technical demonstrations to project beneficiaries.
• Supervision (technical and analytical) of agricultural experiments with partner institutions
• Draft and prepare accurate reports.
• Organize meetings and training initiatives with palm farmers.
• Manage and facilitate relations with project beneficiaries.
• Identify and suggest potential solutions and adjustments to problems in order to guarantee the smooth implementation of project activities in agricultural area.
• Take part in trainings and experience-sharing occasions in situ and abroad
• Support data collection and assessment for the identification and writing of new project proposals
• Maintain excellent relationships with beneficiaries and staff.
• Bachelor degree in Agronomy or similar.
• Strong technical competencies in the following domains: quality control, production techniques for sustainable use of the resources earth, water and fertilisers , eco-sustainable management of production processes.
• Administrative-managerial competencies in the rural-farming field.
• Relevant experience in date palm agronomy.
• Experience in setting up and conducting training programs.
• Good communication skills and excellent knowledge of spoken and written English.
• Highly motivated to working on the field and within an international team environment, flexible.
• Strong organization, problem solving and planning skills.
• Good computer skills (Word and PowerPoint).
• Living in Jericho.
• Driving licence and car essential.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send Curriculum Vitae, Motivation letter and references to the following e-mail address:
عفوا .. هذه الوظيفة تم اخفاء بيانات الاتصال الخاصة بها نظرا لمرور اكثر من 30 يوم منذ نشر هذا الاعلان وقد تم ارشفته.
ملحوظة هامة: جميع الوظائف المنشورة يتم نشرها من قبل شركات التوظيف أو شركات اخرى تطلب موظفين مباشرة. فنرجو توخى الحذر خاصة عند دفع اى مبالغ او فيزا او اى عمولات. والموقع غير مسؤول عن اى تعاملات تحدث من خلال الوظائف المعلنة.